1. Its name is inspired by the two singers. Born Reginald Kenneth Dwight, the british singer has officially adopted the name Elton John in 1972. His stage name is a nod to the musicians from his first band, Bluesology, Elton Dean and John Baldry, two artists who have strongly influenced.
2. He is the godfather of several children of celebrities. Among them, Sean Lennon, the son of John Lennon and Yoko Ono, or even Brooklyn and Romeo Beckham, two of the sons of the star of soccer David Beckham and ex-Spice Girl Victoria Beckham.
3. He danced a rock “furious” with queen Elizabeth. For the 21-year-old prince Andrew, at Windsor castle, the singer danced with princess Anne when queen Elizabeth asked politely if she could join them. “We formed a small circle and it was agitated on Rock Around the Clock, Bill Haley and the Comets. I’ve lived a lot of amazing things, but this rock with the queen remains the most surreal of my life.”
4. He is married to a Canadian. The civil union between the documentary filmmaker canadian David Furnish and Elton John, which is celebrated in December 2005 after 16 years of common life, has been converted to a marriage on December 21, 2014. The couple has two sons, born in 2010 and 2013. Lady Gaga is the godmother of two toddlers.
5. He shared the last appearance on stage by John Lennon. Lennon is mounted on the stage of Madison Square Garden with Elton John, on 28 November 1974. He wanted to honor a lost bet, the ex-Beatles have doubted, on the contrary of his friend, the potential success of the top of the song Whatever Gets You Throught the Night. This was the last appearance of John Lennon before his tragic death six years later. “His assassination is one of the saddest things that I have experienced, with the murder of Gianni Versace and the accident of [Lady] Diana.”