The Chamber of commerce of Gatineau (CGC) has unveiled Tuesday the names of the finalists of the Excelor award 2018 while announcing a new category, that is, a social economy Business of the year.
Dwellings of the Rivers of the Outaouais SPCA Outaouais and Campus3 are the organizations chosen in this new category.
The names of the finalists in nine categories have been made public during a 5 to 7 at the Maison de la culture de Gatineau.
The winners are known during the 22nd edition of the Gala of business people, which will be held on Saturday 24 November at the Hilton Lac-Leamy. It is during this evening that will be revealed the Personality of the year 2018 as well as the winners in the categories of CPA Emeritus 2018, and human Resources of the new category Enterprise of export — public choice.
Here is the list of the finalists of the Excelor award in the other categories :
– Exceptional woman : Julie Thibault, Evaluation Personnel selection International Inc.; Isabelle Lacroix, Portobella ; Julie Gauvreau, Walk Ottawa.
– Outstanding project : GOphysio, for the project Challenge of the summit ; Group Raymond, for the Partnership project of new offices in Montreal and Quebec ; Reconciliation of the associations, for the project 5@7 in the Approximation of associations.
– Micro-entrepreneur of the year : Paul Da Costa, Centre Freebees Outaouais ; Rana Daoud, DRRD Nutrition ; Christian Doucet, Trends in the Outaouais region.
– Young entrepreneur of the year (under 39 years) : Nicolas Chénier, it Solutions BIOS/Solubiz ; Sandra Sanscartier, Blinds Sunnex ; Stéphanie Gauvreau, Gauvreau Terre de surface/Equipment EDG.
– SME of the year – 1 to 15 employees : Brunet Dufour Lajeunesse notaries ; Victor, Victor ; Via Capitale Outaouais.
– SME of the year – 16 to 49 employees : Quadrivium advice inc ; a Room Odyssey, House of culture, and the Holiday Inn Express hotel Gatineau-Ottawa.
– Large business of the year : Group Mayer ; Pilon Ltée.
– Business relationship with the area of the building : Welding Marc Navy ; Vitrerie Pierre Latreille ; Lamarche Electrical Qc Inc.
“We believe that the Excelor award mark a turning point in the journey of enterprises and entrepreneurs in the running. We are proud to contribute to the promotion and recognition of local entrepreneurship, and to offer this opportunity to stand out, ” said the president of the MCF, Pierre Samson.