Going to the airport is commonly a frightening job. Between lengthy safety traces and the crowds within the terminal, giving your self sufficient time to make it to your gate is important.
In a 2022 research, the journey consultants at Upgraded Points analyzed 15 elements at (*15*) to discover those the place it is most essential for passengers to arrive early for home flights.
- variety of enplanements
- variety of passengers
- airport measurement
- common TSA wait time
- variety of terminals
- variety of gates
- variety of airport staff
- variety of airport lounges
- variety of eating places/bars
- variety of retailers
- variety of parking heaps/decks
- share of on-time departures
- share of delayed departures
- automotive visitors quantity
- automotive visitors index
The research discovered that the airports the place passengers want essentially the most time earlier than boarding are Chicago O’Hare Worldwide Airport (ORD), Los Angeles Worldwide Airport (LAX), and John F. Kennedy Worldwide Airport (JFK).
The airport the place passengers do not want to arrive as early and ranked at the underside of the listing was John Glenn Columbus Worldwide Airport (CMH) in Columbus, Ohio.
The 15 U.S. airports the place you want to arrive the earliest
- Chicago O’Hare Worldwide Airport (ORD): 3 hrs 4 minutes
- Los Angeles Worldwide Airport (LAX): 2 hrs 59 minutes
- John F. Kennedy Worldwide Airport (JFK): 2 hrs 58 minutes
- George Bush Intercontinental Airport (IAH): 2 hrs 55 minutes
- Dallas/Fort Price Worldwide Airport (DFW): 2 hrs 50 minutes
- Miami Worldwide Airport (MIA): 2 hrs 48 minutes
- San Francisco Worldwide Airport (SFO): 2 hrs 45 minutes
- Charlotte Douglas Worldwide Airport (CLT): 2 hrs 45 minutes
- Philadelphia Worldwide Airport (PHL): 2 hrs 44 minutes
- Newark Liberty Worldwide Airport (EWR): 2 hrs 41 minutes
- Seattle-Tacoma Worldwide Airport (SEA): 2 hrs 39 minutes
- Orlando Worldwide Airport (MCO): 2 hrs 36 minutes
- Boston Logan Worldwide Airport (BOS): 2 hrs 33 minutes
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta Worldwide Airport (ATL): 2 hrs 31 minutes
- Denver Worldwide Airport (DEN): 2 hrs 30 minutes
Upgraded Factors’ research discovered that flying out of the Chicago O’Hare Worldwide Airport (ORD) requires passengers to arrive 3 hours and 4 minutes early to board easily.
In 2021, the airport recorded a whopping 54,020,399 passengers. ORD also has 193 gates, greater than every other airport included within the research. Upgraded Factors additionally discovered that the airport is understaffed, with 3,606 badged airport staff per sq. mile, which is 9% beneath the nationwide common.
The next two airports practically tied for second and third place: LAX and JFK. Based mostly on the rating, passengers ought to arrive at LAX 2 hours and 59 minutes earlier than their scheduled departure. With over eight terminals, 146 gates, and an amazing variety of automotive visitors outdoors the airport, it is no marvel folks want additional time to get to their designated boarding areas.
JFK was a detailed third, with passengers anticipated to arrive 2 hours and 58 minutes earlier than their scheduled departure. The typical TSA wait time at the NYC airport is 16.40 minutes, and in 2021, the airport reported it had over 30 million passengers.
Enroll now: Get smarter about your cash and profession with our weekly e-newsletter
Do not miss: