Republican Congressman George Santos informed a collection of lies main as much as his electoral victory final fall to characterize elements of Queens and Lengthy Island. He’s been accused of embellishing his resume, fabricating main particulars about his life, swindling associates, and extra. Weekly, extra questions floor about Santos’ previous. It is lots to maintain up with. Right here’s a quiz to see how carefully you’ve been following the information about New York’s controversial congressman.
1. Santos described himself within the following methods on the marketing campaign path, however solely one in every of his claims seems to be true. Which one?
- A. He’s Jewish.
- B. He’s Catholic.
- C. He’s a championship-winning volleyball participant.
- D. He’s a landlord.
B. Santos’ household is Catholic and reportedly attended providers in Queens.
2. In 2008 Santos confronted prison expenses in Brazil. What did prosecutors accuse him of?
- A. Shoplifting from a cosmetics retailer
- B. Utilizing a stolen checkbook to purchase garments
- C. Impersonating a politician
- D. Getting right into a bar combat after a delight parade
B. In 2008 Santos was accused of stealing a checkbook and subsequently spending $700 in a clothes retailer. Santos has denied he was ever charged with a criminal offense.
3. Santos repeatedly claimed his mom, Fatima Devolder, was within the Twin Towers through the Sept. 11 terrorist assaults. Not too long ago found immigration paperwork make clear her whereabouts that day. The place was she?
- A. Queens
- B. The South Tower
- C. New Jersey
- D. Brazil
D. Immigration data present she mentioned she was in Brazil, attempting to get the US authorities to problem her a brand new copy of a stolen Inexperienced Card.
4. True or False?
Santos was accused of taking $3,000 from a GoFundMe marketing campaign elevating cash for a surgical procedure for a disabled veteran’s German Shepherd?
False. The canine is a pit bull combine. (RIP Sapphire.)
5. Beneath are claims Santos made about his life. All are unfaithful, apart from one. Can you spot the declare that seems to be true?
- A. He bought an MBA at NYU.
- B. He labored at CitiGroup.
- C. He labored at LinkBridge Buyers.
- D. He went to Baruch School.
- E. He went to Horace Mann Excessive College.
C. He seems to have labored at LinkBridge Buyers, the place he was described as a “freelancer” who helped with sponsorship and occasions. His different biographical claims, above, have been refuted.
6. Which of the next historic occasions did Santos declare private ties to?
- A. September 11 terrorist assaults
- B. Pulse nightclub mass taking pictures
- C. January sixth rebellion
- D. All the above
D. Santos claimed his mom was within the South Tower throughout 9/11, that he employed folks killed within the Pulse taking pictures, that he traveled to D.C. for the Jan. sixth rebellion and financially supported a few of the rioters.
7. Regardless of proudly owning no properties, Santos bemoaned the burdens of being a landlord, claiming he and his household owned 13 properties. The place did he declare to personal property?
- A. A rental in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- B. A mansion in Oyster Bay Cove, New York
- C. A mansion within the Hamptons
- D. All the above
D. Forward of the election, native information outlet The North Shore Chief reported on varied properties Santos claimed to personal. He’s since admitted he owns no properties.
8. Throughout a 2016 eviction continuing in Queens, Santos requested a choose for extra time to pay his hire. For what motive?
- A. His canine was sick and he wanted the funds to pay veterinary payments.
- B. His mom was within the hospital and he wanted to look after her.
- C. He was mugged on the best way to paying the owner’s lawyer.
- D. He by accident tipped a restaurant server $1,250 as a substitute of $12.50.
C. Santos informed a choose he was mugged and was robbed of his hire test. He mentioned he reported the incident to police, although the NYPD mentioned that they had no file of the mugging.
9. Which merchandise has Santos been accused of taking from roommates and acquaintances?
- A. The headband he wore to the “Stop the Steal” rally.
- B. A $500 Burberry shirt he wore in Instagram posts.
- C. A jewellery assortment from a buddy of his mom’s.
- D. All the above
D. Former roommates have accused Santos of taking a $500 Burberry shirt and a scarf, which he subsequently wore to a “Stop the Steal” rally in D.C on Jan. 5, 2021, a day forward of the rebellion. A buddy of his mom’s mentioned he’d taken her jewellery assortment.
True or false?
Santos must resign if charged with a federal crime.
False. A federal indictment doesn’t imply Santos can be routinely ousted from the Home of Representatives, although he would doubtless face intense strain to do so. Within the case of former New York Rep. Chris Collins, he clung to his seat for a yr after he was indicted on insider buying and selling expenses, regardless of calls from his personal celebration to step down. He ultimately resigned forward of an anticipated plea deal.