Six-year-old Bronx boy killed in trash compactor fire: NYPD

File picture/Dean Moses

A six-year-old boy died and a 32-year-old man was critically injured after a hearth broke out in the trash compactor in their Bronx residence constructing on Friday afternoon, police reported.

Aiden Hayward, 6, apparently succumbed to smoke inhalation after the two-alarm blaze broke out at about 5:18 p.m. on Nov. 5 inside 303 East one hundred and thirty fifth St. in Mott Haven.

Roughly 25 Hearth Division models and 106 personnel raced to the scene in response to a 911 name a few hearth on the location, Hearth Division sources stated. Upon arrival, they discovered the fireplace contained in a trash compactor, emanating heavy smoke that unfold by means of the chute into the constructing’s higher flooring. 

Whereas battling the blaze, first responders got here throughout Hayward and the 32-year-old man in a hallway close to the trash compactor. Each had been unconscious and affected by smoke inhalation.

Firefighters pulled the victims from the constructing, and EMS rushed them each to space hospitals. Hayward died a short while later at Harlem Hospital; the 32-year-old man was delivered to Lincoln Hospital in crucial situation.

The Hearth Division stated that eight different residents suffered non-life-threatening accidents and had been handled at close by medical facilities. Two firefighters who had been injured whereas battling the blaze had been additionally handled at Lincoln Hospital.

The blaze was introduced below management at about 7:24 p.m., the Hearth Division tweeted. Hearth marshals at the moment are investigating the reason for the lethal inferno.

Source link